I added two AI bots to my game prototype, and the process took a long time and a lot of work. I ended up learning how to use echo statements to track the loading of the many files that I had changed and to determine where a particular file was erroring out. This was useful debugging experience.
The way that I incorporated the AI bots initially resulted in my player character being chased by mirror versions of herself, which was eerie and reminiscent of similar Alucard versus Alucard doppleganger battles in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. But I soon switched the AIGuard model out so that I was fighting two demonic space orcs.
I also changed the projectile scripts on my first-person spells so that the projectiles would do damage, as well as creating various other effects such as invisibility and healing.
Then, while working on loading the animations for the ai bots, my mission stopped loading and started crashing in the middle of phase 2 loading. I can’t figure out why, so I’m building a debug version of the app with the hope that I can find the specific line where the mission load is crashing.